It’s been awhile since I’ve posted about anything, but I’ve certainly been busy with lots of little DIY projects which I’ll be sharing with you all soon.
This past week, to cure the boredom of unemployment (seriously, folks, not having a job is driving me to insanity), I found this little gem of a project over on I’m a Yarner. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, definitely see some of her other crafty projects. This one certainly seemed time-consuming (yay!) and inexpensive (yay!), so I jumped at the opportunity to make my own. Sadly, it ended up only taking my a few days – on the hunt for a new project. Perhaps a matching wreath? Still it was a few days well spent as the results were AMAZING.
I decided to use cream cardstock. My reasoning was simple. A) cream rose wreaths are classic and B) it was sold in a pack just like regular computer paper and WAY cheaper ($$$). Michael’s had lots of beautiful colors, but sold by the sheet or in multi-color sets where only 10-20 sheets were the same color which wouldn’t have been enough. I think the paper cost me $4 and the wreath was a green foam wreath on sale for less than $3. Score.
My only suggestion to make for those considering taking on this project besides having a whole slew of movies lined up to watch as you roll the roses and a bottle of wine would be to cut multiple sheets at a time – although no more than 4. More than that and the sheets start sliding as you cut and you get some pretty funky looking shapes. Even when spiral cutting the circles, you can cut through multiple sheets. That’s the beauty of the fact that each rose doesn’t have to be identical.
Now my only problem is figuring out where to hang this baby. It would look beautiful on the bathroom wall, but to be honest, I hate the idea of hanging up something that took me days to make in such an unmentionable place. I want it to be SEEN. I considered the living room, but the roomies and I already have decorating plans for that area. The front door is a no-go. I’m terrified it’ll either get destroyed by bad weather or stolen. So for now it’s just sitting on my bedroom floor waiting for the perfect home.
Linking up to..
Filed under: DIY