This past weekend, I set the cat food feeder timer, packed the car to the gills, and hit the road for a weekend at my parents’ house. It’s a weird thing to start to have to say. Sometimes I say “home home” as if saying it twice registers in people’s minds that I’m referring to Fredericksburg. But fighting off the weekend beach traffic, I managed to trudge my way back to my hometown for a little much-needed R&R. And of course the camera made the journey with me to snap shots of my incredibly beautiful family – pets included.
And despite the few weeks of out-of-season scorching weather which was MY personal excuse for having killed EVERY SINGLE PLANT on our roof deck (seriously, I killed a cactus… I didn’t even know you could do that), my mother’s front yard garden continues to look like an oasis. Props to the green thumb in the family! Too bad you didn’t pass that gene down, mom.
But all good things must come to an end, and I fought traffic again on the road home to find a long list of things I need to get done around the house this summer which means lots of new projects for you to read about! Here’s what we’ve got so far:
- roof deck
- buy new plants – preferably ones I can’t possibly kill
- buy/build furniture to accommodate more than 2 people
- hang more lights
- Back Patio/Driveway
- install motion sensor floodlight – oh yeah … roommate’s car got broken into last night, so we’re adding security features
- hanging flower baskets to make the place seem less like a cockroach and rat farm – gag me
- Front Door/Stoop
- plant flowers – inspiration from Boston
- frost glass in door
- add peep hole – part of those added security features